Week Two - Africa

 Now we are off to cross the South Atlantic Ocean to.....

Check out your baggage claim ticket for your mood board..


When I think of Africa I think of the Serengeti, wild animals and bright colours.

A little bit of general interest information for you

Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most populous continent, after Asia in both cases. At about 30.3 million km² including adjacent islands, it covers 6% of Earth's total surface area and 20% of its land area. With 1.3 billion people as of 2018, it accounts for about 16% of the world's human population.*

The richest man ever is African - Aliko Dangote from Dangote Cement

There are 54 Countries in Africa

5 attractions of Africa are
    Mount Kilimanjaro
     Victoria Falls
       Nile River
      Maasai Mara Game Reserve
       The Serengeti

Africa is the second driest continent (behind Australia)

Africa is the poorest country in the world

Africa is a major producer of gold and diamonds
* Wikipedia
And now on to this weeks layout


The technique for this week is stamping and the optional kit item to be used is chipboard.

I have taken the colours yellow and blue as my inspiration from the bottom photo on the moodboard

The papers I have chosen for this layout are Cocoa Vanilla's Daydream range


I have cut 2 strips of Garden Variety paper to 1" x 12"

2 strips of Sweet Serenity paper to 3/4" x 12"

and 2 strips of Sun Shower to 3/4" x 12"

I have torn one long edge of each of these paper strips, inked the edges with my black Versacolour ink cube and layered them onto my white card stock background so each layer slightly overlaps the one below it.

I have fussy cut several flowers from the Garden Variety sheet of patterned paper to embellish my page.


To fill the stamping requirement I used the zig zag stamp from Kaisercraft's Bow & Arrow stamp set to stamp with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder to areas of the background that would not be covered by my photos


The title was cut using Kaisercraft's Alphabet Upper Case die set from the Sun Shower patterned paper

I also used the Sun Shower patterned paper to cover the chipboard arrow from the optional kit before I attached it to the layout

Here is the process video


Can't wait to see what you create for this weeks project
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winners!!

Hello crafty friends! I finally have our winners scored all totalled up after taking a break for a week due to a sad family event. Again I w...