Week Six - India

Heading south now...

Today we are starting week 6 of our Around the World in 8 Weeks challenge 

A few points of interest.

The population of India in 2019 was 1.366 Billion. In 2019 China's population was 1.398 Billion and Australia's was 25.63 Million.

The Taj Mahal is the No. 1 tourist destination in India

There are more than 19500 languages or dialects spoken in India as mother tongues

The Indian government has announced it will spend $1.4 billion on it's first manned space mission.

On to scrapbooking now....


The bright colour I have chosen to use is the bright pink cardstock. I have a 1/4" strip at the top and bottom of my layout, the photo is matted on it and the title is cut from it.

The yellow is quite bright in real life too.

All of the papers on the page have had the edges inked with Versa Colour black Ink

I cut Cocoa Vanilla Daydream - Sunshower paper to 8" x 12".

Uniquely Creative's Gums & Roses - Rosebud Border paper was cut to 4" x 12"

These were attached to a piece of white cardstock with the Sunshower at the top and the Rosebud Border at the bottom.

Two 1/4" strips of the bright pink were attached to the layout, one at the top and one at the bottom.

Along side of the pink, I  ran a row of 1/4" double sided tape. I then rubbed Gold Fab Foil on top of this tape so the foil would attach to it giving me a foiled strip along the top and bottom of my layout.

My photo is 5" x 7" and had a white border around it. I trimmed the border to 1/8" all around then matted the photo onto more of the bright pink cardstock with a 1/8" border all around except for the bottom which is torn on a slight angle.

I tied the ribbon from the optional kit to the left hand edge of the photo.

I mounted the photo onto some craft foam before attaching it to the layout.

Lots of fussy cut flowers from Cocoa Vanilla's Daydream - Garden Variety paper were used to embellish along the join of the two patterned papers.


The final step was to cut the title from the bright pink cardstock using my Kaisercraft DD735 Uppercase Alpha dies

Here is the process video if you would like to watch it


I have loved seeing all of your great layouts so far in the competition and I am looking forward to seeing what you create this week too.

Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winners!!

Hello crafty friends! I finally have our winners scored all totalled up after taking a break for a week due to a sad family event. Again I w...